Signs of a Weakened or Busted Water Pipe
Repairing busted water pipes and the damage they cause can be stressful for all parties involved. Although there is no sure way to prevent wear and tear, there are some signs to look for in order to catch a leak early on.
Signs That You May Have a Busted Water Pipe
- The formation of puddles under sinks, around toilets, etc. is one of the more obvious indications of a damaged pipe.
- Low water pressure can also be an effect of a leak or burst.
- Stains along walls or ceilings are another obvious sign of water damage.
- Discoloration in the water such as a reddish undertone or strange smells that mimic something metallic may be due to rust which will eventually weaken the pipes.
- Water bills may increase if there is a leak that has gone undetected for a period of time.