Too Hot to Handle
The idea of gathering around a bonfire with a group of friends is frequently thought about as the spring season approaches. With this in mind, it's important to know how to safely go about this smoky activity. Here's a few tips you may consider following to ensure your BBQ only cooks the food on the table.
- Keep the fire contained by constructing a fire pit.
- Avoid lighting an outdoor fire in high winds.
- Ensure that there is a bucket of water and a water hose nearby incase of emergency.
- Don't use lighter fluid once the fire has been started.
- Make sure to put the fire out completely by stirring the ashes around and dousing with water.
Following these five tips will aid in preventing your fire from becoming "too hot to handle".