The Do's and Dont's of a Water Loss
A water loss can be a very scary and dramatic event, that nobody enjoys going through. During the panic of the emergency, the main priority is to ensure the safety of whoever is present. Once everybody is safe, here are some precautions to take before calling us!
What to do After Flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
What not to do:
- Do not leave fabrics and rugs in their place. Hang them and let them dry.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are low