During these cold winter months, keeping warm is a necessity. Keeping your pipes warm is just as important for your household/business. One of the most prominent ways that households flood is because pipes freeze and the metal becomes hard and compressed over night. Once the water is turned back on, the pipes heat up, expand, and bust. This is what leads to flooding water in the house and a massive mess. Nobody wants that! It is important to keep your pipes warm during these winter months to avoid this predicament. House floods can cause some major problems especially during the holiday season. If you have any questions on how to avoid this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us at (817) 596-8714. Happy holidays!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur just about everywhere. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at (817) 596-8714
Water Damage in Your Home
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (817)596-8714
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Parker and Northeast Hood Counties, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
If you have any storm damage, contact us at (817)596-8714
Parker and NE Hood Counties Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate multiple cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
SMOKE AND SOOT FACTS:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF SMOKE:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Every fire is different, and that is why every fire needs to be handled carefully and assessed correctly in able to ensure the best for you and your family/business. If you have any questions about what SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties can do for you, call us at (817)596-8714
The Holiday season can be a hustle and bustle for everyone, and sometimes it is just too much. With family and friends coming over for fun and games, there are always things to be cleaned. Your neighborhood SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties can help with that. SERVPRO takes great pride in being able to remove spills and stains in even the toughest circumstances. SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties is able to professionally clean your house and make it shine just in time for the busy holiday season and any time you would like. Call our staff at (817) 596-8714 if you have questions about cleaning and the job that our company does. Happy Holidays from our family at SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties to yours!
SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties Improves Equiptment to Improve Your Home/Business:
SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties has recently invested in a new company van, and it will allow our business to help you and your home/business by being more reliable. The owner of SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties, Charles Guynes, flew to Tennessee to get the van and then drove the 10 hours back to Weatherford. By having a new van, it allows our business to more reliable by not worrying about a vehicle and being able to get to our destination even quicker than our customers are used to. Our employees are also loving the roominess and warm heater! For more information about our franchise and the steps we are taking to improve, please call us at (817) 596-8714.
The Do's and Dont's of a Water Loss
A water loss can be a very scary and dramatic event, that nobody enjoys going through. During the panic of the emergency, the main priority is to ensure the safety of whoever is present. Once everybody is safe, here are some precautions to take before calling us!
What to do After Flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
What not to do:
- Do not leave fabrics and rugs in their place. Hang them and let them dry.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are low
Oh no! A flooded house!
A flooded home is the last thing anybody wants during the holiday season! However, with pipes freezing and water heaters busting, your friendly SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties is here to help.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding the water hazard emergency. These question will help us to be able to bring the right equipment to help dry your house and remove water as quickly as possible. Our SERVPRO representatives will ask several questions:
- your name and contact information
- the address of the water emergency
- your insurance information (if applicable)
- where the flooding/damage occurred
CALL TODAY: (817)596-8714
We understand that when you call us, you may be distressed, anxious, and confused, and you need a specialist to guide you through this process. SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties has specific water damage training and experience to help get you through this crisis. We specialize in water restoration; it is the foundation of our business.