With the foggy weather comes moisture and mold. The warm weather we enjoy so much is saturated by a significant amount of water, which generated the excessive moisture around you. While many fear what the humidity means for their hair or their skin, have you thought about what it means for your home?
In humid climates, homes run serious risk of damage from collecting all of the moisture the air carries. A common result of high humidity levels in your home is mold. Mold grows quickly, in warm, damp conditions and can fester into an entire colony within 24 hours of their spores attaching themselves to surfaces and feeding. As mold grows and spreads throughout your home, allergens and irritants are released into the air which creates a dangerous situation for you and your family. The allergens and irritants can become toxic, causing respiratory problems and other health issues. That's why it's critically important to take steps in preventing mold growth in the first place, We recommend starting with a dehumidifier for your home. Using a dehumidifier will help you maintain optimal humidity levels that are both healthy and comfortable. Running fans, and checking up on your HVAC system will also help keep the humidity down. Make sure everything is running smoothly and functioning properly to help circulate air flow, and if you need help with an inspection you can always call SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties.
Call SERVPRO of Parker and Northeast Hood Counties at 817-596-8714.